Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

Dreamed on 2014.02.08.0852

People letting their dogs out everywhere, mostly on leashes. Our dog (not Bee, some kind of papillon silliness) looks super friendly, but is super scared of all other dogs and will bite them in the face. I try to explain this to people -- it's not a behavior, but a specific disorder that she has -- but they keep saying it won't be a problem and getting their dogs too close. I manage to keep them away until one without a leash runs up, so I pick up our dog and run away. Then, suddenly, every waterspout in the field turns on and there is nowhere to stay dry.

The dog and her companion are next to me and rather than being dogs, now they are something aquatic -- like blue sea slugs (glaucus atlanticus) -- and they can talk. We discuss the meaning of the word agnostic and the philosophy of uncertainty, until my brother (not my real life brother, but I'm not real-life me either) comes up and says we're late to swear fealty to the king. Also, our dog (in dog form now) is loose on the other side of the road. So we run over there, catch her before anyone in any of the camps gets bit, and then run towards the new king (my character's brother (the guy I'm with is just a friend)). The terrain is very hilly. When we get to the king, on a throne on the biggest hill, he speaks.

"How dare you just run up to me, swords drawn, late. You haven't sworn fealty. Guards, take them out and never let them return."

"Dude, but we just... Okay fine, whatever. You're choice."

"Unless you were hear to swear fealty?"

We turn our backs and walk away as the guards follow behind. We get down to the entrance where a very bored looking guy in a wheelchair is manning a sign in station. We explain that we ran right at him because he had caught our dog first, then had to rush over. It wasn't intended as aggression. We also didn't know he was stupidly bureaucratic with sign-ins and stuff. Wheelchair guy sighs, and I can tell that he didn't want this guy king, but his unit/faction did, so he's gone along with it. My friends says, "One sec, I'm gonna go get some beer," and he runs off toward a concession stand kinda-place. I look at the wheelchair and see bumper stickers for a bunch of Milwaukee related stuff, and realize that, out of character, this guy is from there. I'm tempted to mention that I am to, but he talks to me again.

"So your intentions were good?" The Milwaukee-wheelchair guy asks.

"Yeah."

"Go ahead and sign in then."

I sign in and, immediately, before my friend gets back, he rings a bell and I get pushed into a staging room, and I wait with a guy who puts some special robes on me. While I'm there, I can see through a crack in the door and the king, who is about thirty feet tall now, but on the lower side of a cliff so his face is near his advisors, is discussing how unruly and disappointing his sibling is and how he's not sure what policy he'll have to take towards us. (Now it turns out that my friend is his brother, not me).

Suddenly I get pushed through the door to swear fealty. The king looks at me, and the scene ends.

Later, a group of us are in the new apartment we were given for joining this kingdom trying to get the TV and computers to work, but the software we need isn't installed, and no one remembers what it's called. I open a new box that the postman delivered and find a bunch of redundant cables and a digital cable converter box thing, which is stupid because we kept the ones from our last apartment. I go up to the attic to ponder things and rollerskate.

Comments

  1. This is more entertaining than television! Hmm. Perhaps given your view of television I should say, 'This is more entertaining than television that IS entertaining. C Olson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

neither rocks nor blue water