Dad, you can't drive there! Then we won 500 dollars...


Dreamed on 2014.02.19.0802


moving into the basement of an old woman's house. She's friendly enough, and her little yappy type dog is friendly too, even if loud. While Rachel is setting up one of our rooms in the basement, I realize that there's a sub-basement below that and I decide to use some of the space there as my closet.

The next day, the woman volunteers to drive us home (to Wisconsin), but we have extra time so we decide to stop in St. Louis halfway through the day. Now I'm in my parents' minivan and my dad is driving and the whole family is in it and we're driving out on some sketchy wooden docks onto the river. There's a 1-2 foot gap between some of the section of floating wooden bridge, and I'm trying to say that this is a bad idea, we're supposed to walk here not drive, and can we go park somewhere? But the car makes it alright. Then we get to the last one and there's a five foot horizontal gap AND the last platform is five feet above the surface of the water, too. My dad just goes for it and I realize that'll never work, so I jump out of the car and support it, and manage to push it up nicely onto the platform. Everyone starts cheering (there's a crowd around, mainly in swimsuits, including other cousins in some nearby scaffolding) and then it turns out we won 500 dollars for being the first ones to get our car there.

The old lady with the yappy type dog gives us some huge sodas from hardees, and we thank her anyway, because she's trying to be nice and thinks we'd want that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water