"Driving back to the family reunion..."

Dreamed on 2013.08.16.0848

Driving back to the family reunion -- grandpa is driving, I'm riding along, and Lisa and Ryan are in the car -- there's a house with a sign worth seeing, so we pull off the road, drive up a gravel driveway, and look at the sign. The building is closed, but we read its hours and decide to come back tomorrow.

Now grandpa is still driving, but my dad is in the passenger seat and Rachel and I are in the backseat. As we drive down the gravel road, I realize we are going much too fast, considering the cliff on the other side of the main road and how sharp of a turn we'll need to make. We drive off the cliff. In the air, I exchange a glance with my mom (who is apparently in the car now) and kiss Rachel and squeeze her hand. This sort of thing always happens in dreams, I think, but this time it's different.

With all of us waiting silently in the car, the car lands. At one point it seems to be sitting, undamaged, like normal, and we realize we are all fine. We open the doors and all start to get out. Then I realize that the car is on it's right side (the side I was sitting on) and somewhat crushed and there's no way we're fine and how will I get out? Either way, I'm already out and we are all fine. I think my grandma is there too, now, and my brother.

Our phones don't work, so we walk forever until we find everyone else from the family reunion at a giant water park. Adam and Renee and Jenny are there, among other people, and then I realize that there are at least four instances of Adam there, all different ages. I begin to suspect that everyone at this park is from our family, just a different copy of each person for each age of our lives. Also, no one can interact with those of us in the car, because we're ghosts now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water