Jewelry Sale

Dreamed on 2013.08.18.105

After the discovery that some of the necklaces I made out of thrift-store and inherited gems included particularly amazing stones that might be quite valuable, I end up displaying all my jewelry (and jewelry making supplies) to be viewed and potentially purchased by the public.

Everyone is looking around and talking about things, but the couple who made me do this event, a Japanese couple from Colorado, end up deciding that they want everything. They want the fancy stones, and they want all my other stuff just so no one ends up with something that looks too similar. They plan on melting my other supplies down (even though most of them are rocks, gems, etc) and making gaming dice out of them. They offer me $2437.00 for it all.

I know that I want to accept this price, but I don't want to seem too eager, so I think about it for a while and at length say, "Yeah, that'll do it." So the man begins to pull out a checkbook but a girl (a friend of the couple, not his wife) stops him and says she's got it and hands me a wad of cash. We all nod and it seems good. I count the cash, though, and it's exactly 1000 dollars short.

I don't know how to mention this, though, without seeming rude, so I don't. I wonder how others will judge me for getting ripped off, but I didn't want to be rude and still personally feel like it was a fair offer...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water