Attack of the Ex?

Dreamed on 2014.03.08.0634

In a computer game that someone's playing (that we're inside of) they have to beat a baseball game with monsters in it, that also includes a monkey and a bird. I don't care about the monkey, but I hold the bird in my hands and its feet feel pretty cool on my fingers. After I watch them try again and again without being able to proceed, they get mad and take a break, but I get out my computer and google the solution. It turns out, they are trying to hard and focusing on this baseball game level, but they did the right thing long ago. Really, they need to talk to a different NPC first in order to learn more about a different quest before they do the baseball thing. They talk to the NPC and it teleports us.

now we are in a room in the basement of a large place with a hundred or so of us refugees. There's a portal in the middle of the room that we escaped here from, but the bad ones can use it too. several of us have weapons and most of us are crowd. several small monsters come through which we dispatch easily. We have a leader who rallies us and makes plans. Eventually an imp comes through, but it's way taller than us and super smily despite being a badass fighter. it takes a while, but we kill it. after several monster, our leader checks through the portal and sees that a boss is coming next -- it turns out to be a warrior woman with a spear - half african-american half native-american (why does that matter, brain?). I get the feeling she is an ex (though she doesn't actually resemble anyone I know in real life). She is also a very skilled warrior and she's very tough and can take substantial damage without showing any signs of caring.

Next a trickster guy comes out. He is a bard type character who is very good at being distracting and then suddenly jabbing you somewhere. I do well running and hiding to avoid damage but then loosing a stream of well aimed arrows to weaken the ex, then I charge forward to stab several times in the head and neck. There is no blood and she absorbs the damage without any difficulty, but she decides that she might rather not fight anymore. The fight continues (the bard is still up and causing mayhem while she watches from the stairs) when the ground starts rumbling and we realize the final bad guys are coming out. It turns out to be the mom and aunt of the ex, who are both in giant form and very powerful, with long spears.

They corner me easily and I surrender. They bring me to her, she checks that I have no weapons, and they march me away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water