Heaven in Madison Bus Ride

Dreamed on 2013.07.29.0804

"Yeah," I told the bus driver, "I actually quit the Haven to have more freetime. Now I'm just TAing one section of ESL on Thursday evenings, so I need to get to Van Hise again. I know it's only Monday, but I need to plan my route; it's been a while."

"Is that enough to get by? Only working one night a week?"

"Hah. We'll see. Hopefully I saved enough over the winter." (I don't say what I think, which is, "well yeah, I've saved plenty. It's not hard.")

"Well good luck to you."

We drive through the streets of Madison a bit. I suggest that I get dropped off right next to Union South so I can get some food and hang out a while before walking back to Van Hise. Driver says "okay". As we drive, the scenery changes and it starts to look cartoony -- and dark. Especially on the right side of the bus the hill/graveyard becomes solid black with some glowy purple edges to objects. Also a cartoony werewolf is walking towards us. I recognize it as a very low level monster (and we're in a bus anyway) so no problems there.

VERY suddenly, as we round a corner, there's a more autumn themed section where everything is black and orange and an orange sun is starting to rise over the distant hills. I have an instant sense of affinity for this place. My heart is at home in autumn settings. Then we look back at the road where a thin path of white/blue water is shimmering on the surface.

As we drive further it starts to get deeper (but never more than a foot or so), the sky gets lighter, and vibrant green trees explode jungle-like about us. I ask the other guy on the bus how to get off (it's been a while) and he shows me, though he tries to make fun of me in the process, and we all get off at Union South, with its giant sculptures and ivory-white walls that soar heavenward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water