Guerilla Bed Upgraders

Dreamed on 2009.09.14

“Shhhhh, .. get the – how'd you get the lock so fast?”

“It was already open, I dunno. You think he's home?”

“No, I definitely saw him downtown. He couldn't be back yet. Should be busy with his gig, yeah?”

“Yeah. Alright. Go ahead, see what you find. I'll follow you.”

The room looked like a teenager who had just awoken after three hours of sleep. The couple picked their way through the flotsam.

“Eh, what's this?”

“Shit, I dunno. Computer guts? Percussion equipment? – Hey! I found an IPod!”

“Alright. Let's get some tunes.”

“Rock!”

Eventually, they found what they were looking for.

“I found the bed, and you're right – it won't do!”

“It's just so .. small, and ... ugly.”

“Exactly.”

“So what do you think, can we do it?”

“Well... there's room. I think I might be able to come up with something. Take some pictures of the space and the stuff... when we get back, I'll check it for style and find a new bed that will go with it all. Alright, is everything back where it was?”

“I'll get the music quick, then yeah.”

“Alright. Let's move out!”

Two days later, after a knock on the door and a delivery of a new bed, the couple receives a message on their answering machine.

“I assume I got your surprise today. I guess I appreciate the effort, but I don't think it'll do. Not the right colors at all... and much too big. What were you thinking? Solid white with red pillows? It just... doesn't feel like my bed. It'll have to go.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water