Between the cracks in the poetry

Dreamed on 15.10.28.0605
He lingered on the last page after all the others had left before slipping down between the cracks in the poetry. Deftly he made his way and sure enough, beside the entryway in one of the rooms that the idiot protagonist had had to flood in order to gain entry to the massive and ancient building he found her lying in the casket.

You found me, she said. He smiled.

You're dead, he said.

Hush now. You know as well as I do that the rules apply differently here. Kiss me and perhaps I'll come back to life. ... How did you find me? No one else has.

It was obvious, to me at least. The whole plan was to hide you in plain sight. In line 72, for example, it says.... No, wait -- please don't quote line numbers. It makes me feel... lesser.

Okay.

Would you like to stay a while?

They smiled at each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water