Vampire Coming of Age

Dreamed on 2017.02.19.0547

Picnicking outside with several friends -- well, its actually a much larger evening party, but several of us are sitting out at a table. I feel like I was teaching something, but I forget what. This is interrupted when the large Italian family across the street empties out of their house. I've always thought they were vampires, but this time their fangs are rather obvious. I hiss "vampires" quietly but loudly to my neighbors. NO WAY the vampires are going to do anything, when it's not even fully dark out, right?

Quicker than I expect and before I can do anything about it, they've got us surrounded on one side with the house blocking the other side. One small path for escape, but no way they can outrun us.

The vampires talk amongst themselves, then three young kids -- maybe sixth graders - come forward. Hesitantly. This is a ritual of their I've heard about -- the first killing.

Each of the three throws a sharp throwing dagger at me. Two miss, one gives me a slight cut on my leg. I pick one up, briefly consider that I don't want to hurt a kid and that they're surrounded by more powerful parents and I was able to reach ONE knife. Then I throw the knife at one of the kids, but I miss -- I'm terrible with throwing knives anyway.

The kids pull out guns then shoot. I get hit in the leg, the shoulder, and the foot.

Then I get pinned to the ground (by an adult this time?) who tells me the plan. He's going to drink my blood, but not enough to kill me, then he's going to shoot me in the teeth. I try to negotiate various things, but he will allow no other course of action. I wake up as his teeth sink in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water