spooncall letdown

Dreamed on 2015.09.13.1031

Equivalent of a phone call, but using spoons. I know, but go with me on this. Obviously set in the future, though socially my high school years. We couldn't meet in person today, for reasons, but I'm holding two spoon-like objects, one of which includes her hologram, sitting with legs hooked over the edge and looking around. We're trying to get somewhere and I know it's important I keep the spoon balanced, but we're in a hurry and I have good balance, so I run and jump with several carefully placed steps across a river sort of thing in the downtown area.

When I sat on the other side, she wasn't in the spoon anymore. "Hello?" I asked. "Yes?" she responded. She must have climbed out of the seat that allowed you to be projected but left the device operational so we could still talk. "Sorry, did I get you too close to the water on that?" She hesitates then, unrelated to anything we've been talking about, speaks: "Sorry, I just... deep down there's a part of me that will always malevolently loathe you."

I crush the video spoon, but let the audio spoon run in our shared silence for several minutes before turning it off too, then standing up.

Elsewhere in the park an ambulance is picking up a small child who has been injured on the playground. Police in the distance are chasing a reckless driver. The guy sitting nearest me is watching ducks in the water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water