Certs for THE BEAST

Dreamed on 2014.03.10.0421

shopping for groceries and I pay with my credit card. at the checkout they throw a pack of certs in for a small charge. After I pay I decide I want another thing of certs of cinnamon, so I have to get in line again.

When I finally get to the front of the line, I swipe my credit card and it says, "Sorry! We know you like using our product, but we've always asked you to fill out online surveys and sign up for our product and services online and you've ignored us, so we've deactivated your card. I'm sure you understand!"

It's awkward, and I try several times before explaining it to the checkout clerk and the people in line behind me. Eventually I have to use my second card to pay for the certs, which is signed out to the name "THE BEAST", like from Beauty and the Beast, because of a story I'm writing. When the people in line ask me about it, I shrug and say, "you know, cause I'm grumpy and moody and stuff. And I don't get enough sleep, like, ever, this time of year." They understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water