kind of like zombie Lincoln, but more hirsute

Dreamed on 2014.03.15.0829

Looking for some old books for the English department in an ancient attic in an old schoolbuilding. I was sent up there with some older lady who worked here ages ago. When opening lockers, I see they have notes of paper with writing on the edges of them only visible when open. There's a bold word on each note. When all are opened, the bold words read together warn me that the vampire will rise at the next full moon. Obligatorily for anything in the horror genre, I realize that's tonight.

I yell a warning to the older lady, and hear a muffled scream and the sound of death in response.

Me and a friend run out through a different door and struggle to find our way out from the building. We are careful to be as quiet as we can, but we know that the werewolf (this old bearded man who rises from the dead at the full moon, who is also super strong and angry) is chasing us. Looks kind of like zombie Lincoln, but more hirsute.

My friend hides under a car. I keep running, and I hear him killed behind me.

I hide in the highest part of a pine tree, and other kids hide elsewhere. I reflect on the school that we're going to. It's an old private school that doesn't like families that haven't been with it forever -- I don't think any of our families have been with it more than a year or so. We're all the first of our family to go there.

The werewolf, who is now a woman who might be a demon or vampire or something, stops under my tree and looks up at me, directly meeting my eyes. "You're first," it says, then it looks a hundred yards across the field at a friend hiding in the bushes, "and you're next."

I drop out of the tree and start sprinting toward a nearby cornfield. As we approach we hear trumpets and see a sign for "Into the Forest Camp!" We sprint towards it and hear voices. There is a whoosh as some kind of magical energy is expelled from a ballista-like device, and several Hogwarts-y students run out to confront the monster chasing us.

"Welcome to the camp," someone else says. "Best to fight magic with magic," he says, "don't you agree? We welcome all types here, and we use old broken wristwatches as our currency. Wanna stay with us for a while?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water