Urban River Kiosk Garage Sale Giveaway

Dreamed on 2013.02.25.0500

Ben and I got in the water at the end of the bay at the lodge -- he was more frustrated than I that there was a new law that we couldn’t cut the seaweed stuff ourselves anymore that was growing from the bottom. So we started swimming up river, and it turns out that there'd been a flood and there was some wreckage near the first rapids we got to.

I found a long string going into the water and worked to remove it in case there was a hook at the end. There wasn't -- just a closed lock, so I knew it couldn’t hurt anyone. A little further up stream we found a central island of wood.. a kiosk sort of thing -- I should mention that this seemed a small stream that was thoroughly urban -- like a flooded street or path or something, at this point.

Anyway, there was a garage sale on that island, There were a lot of OLD computery things. I was interested in some old nintendo games and controllers and Ben wanted a huge bag of old paintings and fuzzy posters (of serious looking ships and such -- three mast ships, etc). And by garage sale, I mean that everything was actually free. We talked to the guy selling the stuff, and he wanted us to take a bag of trash also. So we said sure -- there were a lot of mugs that ben wanted to sell so he could afford to come to Denuvald’s Kindling Event -- I convinced him that he’d rather come to the bigger event the week later. I also started to wonder how we were going to swim back with three bags of things that probably shouldn’t get wet. And I wondered where we were going to throw out the bag of trash for the guy, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classy.

Vampire Coming of Age

Between the cracks in the poetry