"...where ignorant armies clash by night..."

Dreamed on 2014.08.26.2241

what must be at least a square mile or more of rushing waves and rapids crashes down over the point and sides of a submerged promontory in sweeping rushes. I project myself and my boat out and over them in my mind, imagine washing down the tongues of water and over the curl backs, plotting a course most likely to keep me from a watery demise.

It's night time, and we decide that none of us should run this rapids. Black night time, though we hear the roar all around us, we see only small patches dimly lit nearby by moon glow as we run across the metal grating boardwalk while half-drunk in insane awe at the power of the river. I stop my brother from falling off the railing several times as we careen randomly about the place.

Then my cousins and some of our friends from childhood show up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water