Sole Witness to the Awesome

Dreamed on 2013.07.08.0708

Sleeping with a group of people (4-5 of us) in the top floor of a beach resort cabin thing on top of a sandy hill next to the ocean. I get up early to go for a swim and play in the sand and it's awesome.

I come back and sleep more, then get up again, but it's stormy-ish outside and the water is rising. This happens several times, and eventually I notice that water is high enough that it washed one of the blankets off the bed from downstairs and is carrying it out through the sand maze tunnels and things towards the sea.

I grab it and brace myself against one of the columns and rescue it easily enough (this is not a scary/panicky dream, it's surreal and fun) and I watch the way the water flows over the sand and hills and terrain and it's awesome.

Eventually I wake Rachel and people up to tell them, and though the water has gone down a bit, they see evidence of it. They don't think it's as awesome as I thought it was, but oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water