Post Apoc Hood's Gang

Dreamed on 2013.08.19.1010

Set in the future, high tech civilization and uber government surveillance dystopia. waiting on top of a platform near a high speed rail with my car parked in an alleyway beneath. The governments knows I'm here and have my car there, but they don't know that I know that they know I'm here and have my car there. They're planning on me doing something small then escaping in the vehicle, so they're ready to seize me at the bottom. I also don't think they know that I'm only one of many who have planned to do things all across the city-state.

The time comes and I do something... some act of sabotage... unsure what. Then I drop down onto the passing train, leave my car behind, ride for a while, ditch the train near a jogging trail into a forest, and run in. After a time, run up a fallen tree to a small platform and wait out of sight of all. Except I had been running next to a guy who saw me do it and is causing trouble. I eventually convince him to leave, I think? Or maybe I don't.

Eventually others meet up with me and we use our special tools to hang from a wire and slide across the river (forget what those high rope things are called) where we end up in an abandoned building with very strong walls with no other ways in our out. There are two wires -- one for coming and one for going. We wait for the power grid to be cut across the whole city-state, which takes substantially longer than we expected, but does happen at length. I won't let any of the others with us light the signal fires until that happens (not sure why we have them anyway, as they draw attention to us).

Eventually Marion (I guess we're Hood's gang?) shows up at the wire glider entrance with about two dozen rich folk, and we wonder what the hell she's doing. We go there and talk with them and point out that we can only take maybe four of them at this shelter, if they're worth saving. All want saving, so we ask Marion, and she lets the doctor decide. He doesn't care as long as we save him, which is a clear sign that we don't want him, even if he is a doctor.

Significant time later, we're still working the rebellion, but finding ways to get by. No one has good food, electricity, etc, but we do have good food in secret. We keep cooking slightly moldy bread (hey, it made sense in the dream) to sell to the government to get their money (not sure why we need money). Also, when they call a raid against us, some of us will pretend to be normal outraged citizens and join in the raid just to get ahold of the weapons being given out. So even though the government has mostly fallen and this is no longer a surveillance state, things are still pretty much crap for everyone in this basically-an-anarchy with a few pockets of groups controlling things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water