A Legal Dispute

Dreamed on 2019.01.20.0821

I was swimming laps, but we got cut off by the garbage truck driving by. I did the thing I do when cars cut me off (lean back, look aghast, gesture with arms out), and they just flipped me off. My swimming shift was done, so I got in the lifeguard chair. The garbage workers WERE the current olympic swimteam, just doing their thing to get the pool ready for their workout. One of the kids, who was also one of my students, picked up a coffee tin full of water and slung it at me, water and metal and all. He missed. I tried to protest, but he picked up an empty blackbean can (full of water) and slung that too. I had to dodge -- which is hard in a lifeguard chair, yeah? -- so that it didn't rip a chunk of my nose off.

Anyway, accusations were made and they (the Wolves) showed up gang like saying things like, "What, he threw a can of water at him? He works at a pool. It's just water" and being all defensive. Anyway, I owned the land and ended up pulling their lease to it. "Well fine, but you'll be financially liable," a coworker said. "No," I pointed out. "THEY violated the lease, so the rest of the agreement is forfeit. They lose out, I get my land back, and I never have to see them again."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

Fighting the Balance