Late through the fourth wall

Dreamed on 2015.09.06.0902

We had already settled into the campsite, but he wasn't there. It's fine, I told my mom -- brother had to finish up at work, pack all his things, drive all the way to the put in, then paddle down to here. Surely he got off to a late start and he must be on the river already and that's why he's not answering his phone.

I get out my gopro to try calling him on anyway, but then realize that the gopro does not have phone capabilities.

While I'm watching for him, I realize I'm looking out the window of the house I grew up in and watching down the road for a car to turn the corner, but there are no car marks in the freshly fallen snow (could a car even drive through that? Kids with shovels have cleared a small area to play and the snow looks one or two feet deep. I should probably help shovel, though brother won't be able to drive through here until the plows go by anyway. Not sure why we're camping in the snow -- thought we had canoed here.

Is this a dream? Yes, this is a dream. As I stand at the window to the house I grew up in, knowing it's a dream, I wonder why the dream shifted to being of snow -- maybe it really snowed? I open my eyes for a fraction of a second and see the same scene -- snow, the kids playing, etc -- out the windows of that old house, snow one or two feet deep. Perhaps school will be canceled? I'm a teacher now, but cancelled school would still be nice. I also wonder why my brother isn't home yet. I open my eyes and it's summer and I'm in my own apartment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water