Between lives, the human

Dreamed on 2014.12.14.1008

When you die, you stay in the same spot but time wheels backwards to your birth. You are a ghost, effectively, though elf is the proper name. You live in a different layer of the world now. There is some crossover (such as your ability to affect dreams, to move objects occasionally, and to interact with some younger children. But there are new things you can see, such as desires, intentions, and fears.

I'm not entirely sure what my goal is. I know that most elves go back and watch themselves through life -- reflecting on and evaluating decisions that were made, occasionally influencing dreams.

Those who are dissatisfied and try with all of their new powers to change their previous life - those fully consumed in selfishness and lust for power -- are usually the ones who turn into dark forces that haunt houses.

I find a house with one of these haunting it. I find that I can talk to one of the young children in it, though I must be very careful how I make contact as my goal is not cause fear. I also have to be careful to interact subtly enough that the dark power in control of the house doesn't notice me.

With time and effort, I help them escape.

I wake up with chills and a sense that I have been given this dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water