a ruin from another age; my student

Dreamed on 2014.12.07.0716

I was probably invited because I'm an empath, I suppose.

One of my students had a younger brother, ages ago, but he died in an old stone building built into the side of a cliff. A ruin from another age. After he died, the spring sprang back to life in the old well at the center of it. I'm not sure how they knew that now was the time to help put the boy to rest, but that was their decision and I was invited along.

We climbed the stairs -- large old crackling stone stairs winding up along the inside of the outer wall of the building. When we reached the top, there was a well, overflowing with water which let itself out into a sizable pool on the floor, which then flowed along a deep basin and poured off the edge of the building as a waterfall.

I felt his presence strongly here, and I knew he felt ours as well, because after we said a few words, a thick, thick cloud of mist and fog rolled out from the well and enveloped us, then moved away above the waterfall and dispersed.

[I woke up in bed and still felt the presence -- all of the hairs on my arms and neck were raised and I only felt slightly more comfortable by entirely covering myself with the heavy blanket.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water