"..."they bleed all over my bike" / "...out of voice range"

Dreamed on 2015.07.05.0802

First we bring our bikes into the parking garage. I try to stand mine up (the little notch/dent in the back tire usually helps make up for the lack of a kickstand) but I struggle more than usual. Several of those sorts of guys who have muscles and shirts to make you know it who tend to cruise around and joke and show off with each other come over and their two leaders help me set my bike upright, unlike they usually would. Then I notice that the both of them are bleeding out of the face from what appears to have been a punching match? They bleed all over my bike, but are smiling. Rachel is about to ask about the blood, but I thank them and Rachel and I leave quickly without saying anything more.

Later, inside the mall, we see many more people than we expected. Many of them are being -- a bit more violent and aggressive than we expected. Fights are breaking out around us and I become fearful -- thinking about zombie outbreaks, for example, though these are clearly not zombies. Rachel's journalistic instinct kicks in and she starts taking photos.

It's a good instinct, but I quickly become aware how many valuables we are carrying -- Rachel has her phone, camera, and computer, and we both have wallets with cash that we've just withdrawn.

As we sit on a bench at the edge of the crowd, the crowd grows around us. Several guys are crouching entirely too close to Rachel and are, I assume, probably trying to pickpocket her. I confront them and they act offended. Two girls come over and ask why I'm harassing their boyfriends. One of the girls starts to hit me, so I catch her arm. As soon as I am holding her arm in the air, she starts screaming for help, and much of the crowd looks over to see me looking violent. With a brief exchange Rachel and I decide that I have this and that she should get away with her electronics. As soon as she's out of voice range, though, I remember that she and her possessions were the initial target and that she's on her own now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water