Just buy this blue paint

Dreamed on 2019.01.26

I'm in college and kinda becoming the next big thing, locally at least, as a visual artist. As I go about my day, people keep coming up to me all concerned, like, "Hey man, you okay?" and I say, "Yeah, I'm cool. Same as usual, what's up?" and they look at me like sadness has coiled around my heart, like I've self-injected a poison I may not recover from.

"That parking garage stunt you pulled was something else man, don't ever do that again," someone says, and I quizzical at her, like, what? "Yeah," she says, "that shit you pulled." "What shit I pulled? What parking garage stunt?"

And she shows me her phone where I'm standing on the edge saying I'm gonna jump across to the next building and I'm clearly raging on some cocktail of neurowrecking juices, and then this couple I've never met before talk me down.

So you know, I sleuth it up and find this couple. "Yeah," they say, "we hacked your brain, got a direct link in there and can do any other stunt we want with you, wreck your public image, spam it across social media, kill you."

"What do you want?"

"You're an artist. Just keep buying our brand of blue paint. It's got the rare ingredients in it that only we provide. If you buy the paint, everyone else will, and we'll stay in business, we'll get rich. Just buy this blue paint and you won't need to see us again."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water