Skiing Shopping and Not a Pregnancy

Dreamed on 2013.06.14.0814

The snow was heavy and the mountains taller than I expected as we make our way to the skiing hill. We pass the sledding hill first, and I’d rather stop there, but George (Anne’s friend) is already waiting for us at at the top of the next rise for skiing. We go up this rise and are about to go down, when we read (and argue about) the sign. It doesn’t say not to ski down the main trail because it’s the main trail and already packed down by walkers (which it is), it simply warns about bears and suggests staying on the main trail. Since this hill/mountain is enormous, we all take skis off so we can sit on them and slide down. In the process, I accidentally slip and kick some snow as I fall over which hits my dad in the eyes. He swears at me and starts to slide down the hill. (He holds a grudge for the rest of this dream -- that and the swearing are not at all what I would actually expect from my dad, even though in the dream I thought, “yeah, he’s like that.") When we get to the bottom, we’re not in a ski place we’re in an old and beat up bunker of a house where we are going to play video games with Ryan who is also kind of Andrew (my brother's childhood friend). He’s waiting cheerfully in an empty, beat up, water-stained, concrete room. My dad demands to have the red fold out couch to sleep on, so that I end up in a different room. Ryan/Andrew says he can have the nice bed, but he says no. I am told that I have to sleep in the bathroom, which I quite disagree with. Rachel tries to (honestly) convince me that sleeping in the tub is the best plan.

Then I’m shopping at a store (forget the name) which it turns out is awesome because they have a bunch of local products. I start picking things out (Andy and Tylor are with me, and we have some long discussion about facial hair style/colors, or something. Andy’s are blazing red, but that’s a normal sort of look.) Anyway, I go to check out, but then realize that I have a jar of berry juice (which looks amazing! for 30 dollars (about four cups of juice), as well as -- oh, I forget now, but everything seemed amazing but cost way too much. I put most of it back, and am checking out. I consider that I probably shouldn’t get the wine if Rachel is pregnant, so I put it back. Then we’re back at Tylor’s place and we’re about to undergo some important (spy/rebellion/etc) medical treatment. He says we should get as drunk as possible first so it doesn’t hurt too bad, and I mention that Rachel is probably pregnant, but she swears she isn’t. She takes the test and the results start flashing on the screen: minus, minus, minus, plus, minus, minus, minus, plus, and I say, “what the hell? Is it yes or no?” “Oh,” Rachel says that means no. They just show the plus so you know that the thing is working.” I’m not sure that makes sense, but eventually I agree that there are more minuses than pluses, so we start drinking some wine. It’s good, but I wish I had bought the really tasty stuff for her to try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Save this whereout she crushes / For dead men deadly wine."

Agnostic Dog Slugs and an Idiot King

neither rocks nor blue water